MRT Motorized Rotary Table
These rotary tables are used for many kinds of heavy machining and precision turning, capable as a 4th axis. Other uses are ultra-precise applications such as laboratory, production part rotation, inspection, indexing to precise angles, laser marking, angular testing and measurements.
Robust as a stand-alone unit with several modes to automate your rotation and indexing, and controlled by other CNC controllers for additional mult-axis sequences. Repeatability is excellent due to the ground worm gears.
The table top center bearing is extremely precise: concentricity is less than .0004 inches, typically as small as .0002 inches. This gives you ultra center positioning, makes your parts very round.
Every Excitron rotary table can be mounted horizontally or vertically since the thick grease will not run out. If you order the HV model, then nothing else is needed for vertical mounting. If you order the non-HV model and wish to mount it vertically, then you need some heavy duty angle plates.
New dual gear ratio option of 486:1 and 90:1! Now you can have 2 speed ranges, 0-2 rpm and 0-12 rpm, if you order the gear option. Change between ratios in 5 minutes--only offered by Excitron.
For details of the optional G486-90 dual gear ratio kit, see G486-90 product page.
All MRT6, 8, 10, 12, 16, 20, 24, 25, 30, and 39 inch rotary tables are CNC ready-to-go systems, and include:
- Heavy-duty steel rotary table with quick mount T-slots
- Precision stepper motor and integrated controller with built-in 10 Joystick switches for 10 independent standalone motions.
- Motor and gear drive use ultra-precision spur gears and are fully enclosed.
- 2 TTL 3.3v serial ports built-in, and one 39" (1m) USB-TTL adapter serial cable.
- Two 4 inch cables with 3 pin housing and crimps for general DIY inputs, unwired at open end.
- 20 or 24 volt AC/DC power supply and AC cable, 50/60 hz, 100-240 VAC, works anywhere in the world.
- One set of T-slot nuts for clamping.
- One set of screws, nuts, and clamp bars for mounting your base.
- Key ring with 10 metric hex key wrenches, 1.5 to 10mm.
- 12 x 18 inch neoprene rubber sheet for water spray protection.
- Pre-packed for life with top quality high pressure black Moly-Lithium grease/lubricant.
All Excitron size 86mm stepper motors have 400 half-steps per shaft revolution, and the 486:1 gear ratio gives you an incredible 194,400 steps per table top revolution. This very high resolution is less than 0.002 degrees per half-step. Stepper motor top speed is over 8,000 half-steps/second.
Worm gear backlash is zero because we pre-load the roller bearings. You can readily adjust gear backlash and tightness. Usually backlash is +-.001", and even this can be compensated for electronically in CNC programs to reduce backlash to zero.
Nothing else is necessary. Browse Documentation link on home page for 3D solid models and other files.
Gold plated connectors and printed circuit boards for ultimate reliability, heat flow, and performance. Each Controller is fully integrated with the stepper motor, producing the most compact and powerful intelligent motor drive available. Complete X controller family can drive stepper motors from 15mm diameter to NEMA 42. All X Controllers use exactly the same command set, to give you the utmost simplicity. These units offer the first total 100% motor drive solution, allowing easy plug-n-play for machines, CNC, robots, actuators, vehicles, and all equipment.
You easily control how your stepper motor operates in these modes:
- Serial Commands: send and receive via USB using the included USB-TTL-3pin cable adapter, connect directly to arduinos and microcomputers. Connection with PCs, PLCs or Labview work well.
- 2 built-in Joysticks: 10 different motions built-in, and are changeable.
- Home: Home command H runs Motion Profiles 02-05, exactly as you need. You can also set the Repeat Home feature, whereby Home repeatedly runs 4 Profiles at power-up over and over. In this case, your computer is not needed. You can use also inputs to control how and when these profiles run.
- Input Profile Mode IPM: each of the 4 input pins give you random selection of 3 motion profiles each, by simply pushing external switches or external control signals. In2 and In3 are analog or digital.
- Driver (CNC step/dir): motor steps each time when an external STEP occurs, in the direction set by DIRECTION. CNC programs usually output these signals on a PC parallel port.
- CNC/Gcode: run 1-8 Excitron motors using popular Gcode. One Excitron motor is the master sending TTL serial commands to other Excitron motors. Master motor can read, view, save, and run Gcode files.
See X86 controller-motor webpages for more details.
You can combine many of these modes, with few restrictions. All modes allow changing motor speed on-the-fly using J1 and J4. Hundreds of successful customers have created very ingenious motion using these simple "building blocks", as short as 10 minutes. You can add intelligent repetitive motion to almost any machine.
Our stepper motors and controllers give you great speed and torque, and many large companies have purchased these for automating various motions. Click on Testimonials button above.
The power supply shipped may be different than pictured. Contact us for custom rotary tables.
Ships in 6-10 days after you order and pay. Free shipping within USA. We ship to 220 countries. If shipped out of USA, then we will add $240-1600 (estimate), depending on your country.
Some pictures show older single Joystick controller. You definitely will receive the new dual Joystick controller. The video may show a different table size. Your rotary table operates as shown.