MRT Motorized Rotary Table
This rotary table is the highest precision available in the world. It can be used for many kinds of heavy machining and precision turning, capable as a 4th axis. Other uses are ultra-precise applications such as laboratory, production part rotation, inspection, indexing to precise angles, laser marking, angular testing and measurements.
Robust as a stand-alone unit with several modes to automate your rotation and indexing, and controlled by other CNC controllers for additional mult-axis sequences. Repeatability is excellent due to the ground and polished worm gears. Total runout is less than .0005 inches, typically as small as .0002.
Every Excitron rotary table can be mounted horizontally or vertically since the thick grease will not run out. If you order the HV model, then nothing else is needed for vertical mounting. If you order the non-HV model and wish to mount it vertically, then you need some heavy duty angle plates.
New dual gear ratio option of 675:1 and 90:1! Now you can have 2 speed ranges, 0-1.1 rpm and 0-8.3 rpm, if you order the option. Change between ratios in 5 minutes--only offered by Excitron.
For details of the optional G675-90 dual gear ratio kit, see G675-90 product page.
All MRT6, 8, 10, 12, 16, 20, 24, 30, and 39 inch rotary tables are CNC ready-to-go systems, and include:
- Heavy-duty steel rotary table with quick mount T-slots
- Precision stepper motor and integrated controller with Joystick.
- Motor and drive use precision spur gears and are fully enclosed.
- TTL 3.3v serial port built-in, and 39" (1m) USB-TTL adapter serial cable.
- One 4 inch cable with 3 pin housing and crimps for general DIY inputs, unwired at open end.
- 20 or 24 volt AC/DC power supply and all cables.
- One set of T-slot nuts for clamping.
- Key ring with 10 metric hex key wrenches, 1.5 to 10mm.
- 12 x 18 inch neoprene rubber sheet for water spray protection.
- Pre-packed for life with top quality high pressure black Moly-Lithium grease/lubricant.
All Excitron size 57mm stepper motors have 800 half-steps per shaft revolution, and the 675:1 gear ratio gives you an incredible 540,000 steps per table top revolution. This ulta-high resolution is less than 0.0007 degrees per half-step. Stepper motor top speed is over 8,000 half-steps/second, as high as 16,000 sps with lighter loads.
Worm gear backlash is virtually zero and you can readily adjust backlash and tightness. Usually backlash is +-.001", and even this can be compensated for electronically in CNC programs to reduce backlash to zero.
Nothing else is necessary, although our JOY-X 5 switch Joystick in Accessories category is a handy external controller. Browse Documentation link on home page for 3D solid models and other files.
Gold plated connectors and printed circuit boards for ultimate reliability, heat flow, and performance. Each Controller is fully integrated with the stepper motor, producing the most compact and powerful intelligient motor drive available. Complete X family can drive stepper motors from 15mm diameter to NEMA 42, perfectly matches drive amperage with the motor size, and all X Controllercoders use exactly the same command set, to give you the utmost simplicity. These units offer the first total 100% motor drive solution, allowing easy plug-n-play for machines, CNC, robots, actuators, vehicles, and all equipment.
You easily control how your stepper motor operates in these modes:
- Serial Commands: send and receive via USB, or use our optional RS232-TTL adapter. Connection with PCs, PLCs or Labview work well.
- Joystick: 5 different motions built-in, and are changeable.
- Home: Home command H runs Motion Profiles 02-05, exactly as you need. You can also set the Repeat Home feature, whereby Home repeatedly runs 4 Profiles at power-up over and over. In this case, your computer is not needed. You can use also inputs to control how and when these profiles run.
- Input Profile Mode IPM: each of up to 2 input pins, In2 is analog/digital and In3 is digital, trigger 3 motion profiles each, giving you random selection of motion by simply pushing buttons.
- Driver (CNC step/dir): motor steps each time when an external STEP occurs, in the direction set by DIRECTION. CNC programs usually output these signals on a PC parallel port.
- CNC/Gcode: run 1-8 Excitron motors using popular Gcode. One Excitron motor is the master sending TTL serial commands to other Excitron motors. Master motor can read, view, save, and run Gcode files.
You can combine many of these modes, with few restrictions. All modes allow changing motor speed on-the-fly using a potentiometer on In3. Hundreds of successful customers have created very ingenious motion using these simple "building blocks", as short as 10 minutes. You can add intelligent repetitive motion to almost any machine.
Our stepper motors and controllers give you great speed and torque, and many large companies have purchased these for automating various motions. Click on Testimonials button above.
The power supply shipped may be different than pictured. Contact us for custom rotary tables.
Ships in 6-10 days after you order and pay. Free 1-day shipping if shipped on Friday, else free 2-day shipping. We ship to 220 countries. If shipped out of USA, then we will add $80-240 (estimate), depending on your country.