MRT25 Motorized Rotary Table
These rotary tables are used for many kinds of heavy machining and precision turning, capable as a 4th axis. Load capacity is huuuge 42,000 pounds! Other uses are ultra-precise applications such as laboratory, production part rotation, inspection, indexing to precise angles, laser marking, angular testing and measurements.
Robust as a stand-alone unit with several modes to automate your rotation and indexing, and controlled by other CNC controllers for additional mult-axis sequences. Repeatability is excellent due to the high precision spur gears. Total runout is less than .001 inches, typically as small as .0005.
Smaller pictures show mounting the X86-118 underneath the table, and with optional 2nd X86-118 and gearboxes. Dual motors give twice the torque and force, and more than 2X accuracy. Price shown above does not include 2nd motor and gearbox. contact us for pricing.
Every Excitron rotary table can be mounted horizontally or vertically since the thick grease will not run out. The steel inner mounting ring makes it easy to mount anywhere.
The MRT25 inch rotary tables are CNC ready-to-go systems, and include:
- Heavy-duty steel rotary table with many large bolt threaded holes
- Precision stepper motor and integrated controller with dual Joysticks.
- Motor and drive use precision spur gears and are fully enclosed.
- 2 TTL 3.3v serial ports built-in, and 39" (1m) USB-TTL-3pin adapter serial cable.
- Two 4 inch cables with 3 pin housing and crimps for general DIY inputs, unwired at open end.
- 20 or 24 volt AC/DC power supply and all cables.
- Key ring with 10 metric hex key wrenches, 1.5 to 10mm.
- Pre-packed for life with top quality high pressure black Moly-Lithium grease/lubricant.
All Excitron size 86mm stepper motors have 400 half-steps per shaft revolution, and the 132:1 gear ratio gives you an incredible 52,800 steps per table top revolution. This very high resolution is 0.0068 degrees per half-step. Stepper motor top speed is over 8,000 half-steps/second, as high as 9,000 sps with lighter loads.
Gear backlash is virtually zero and you can readily adjust backlash and tightness. Usually backlash is +-.001", and even this can be compensated for electronically in CNC programs to reduce backlash to zero.
Nothing else is necessary, although our SW1-2D Switch Assembly in Accessories category gives 3 additional motion controls Browse Documentation link on home page for 3D solid models and other files.
Gold plated connectors and printed circuit boards for ultimate reliability, heat flow, and performance. Each Controller is fully integrated with the stepper motor, producing the most compact and powerful intelligient motor drive available. All X Controllers use exactly the same command set, to give you the utmost simplicity. These units offer the first total 100% motor drive solution, allowing easy plug-n-play for machines, CNC, robots, actuators, vehicles, and all equipment.
You easily control how your stepper motor operates in these modes:
- Serial Commands: send and receive via USB, or use our optional RS232-TTL adapter. Connection with PCs, PLCs or Labview work well.
- Joystick: 10 different motions built-in, and are changeable.
- Home: Home command H runs Motion Profiles 02-05, exactly as you need. You can also set the Repeat Home feature, whereby Home repeatedly runs 4 Profiles at power-up over and over. In this case, your computer is not needed. You can use also inputs to control how and when these profiles run.
- Input Profile Mode IPM: each of up to 2 input pins, In2 is analog/digital and In3 is digital, trigger 3 motion profiles each, giving you random selection of motion by simply pushing buttons.
- Driver (CNC step/dir): motor steps each time when an external STEP occurs, in the direction set by DIRECTION. CNC programs usually output these signals on a PC parallel port.
- CNC/Gcode: run 1-8 Excitron motors using popular Gcode. One Excitron motor is the master sending TTL serial commands to other Excitron motors. Master motor can read, view, save, and run Gcode files.
You can combine many of these modes, with few restrictions. All modes allow changing motor speed on-the-fly using a potentiometer on In3. Hundreds of successful customers have created very ingenious motion using these simple "building blocks", as short as 10 minutes. You can add intelligent repetitive motion to almost any machine.
Our stepper motors and controllers give you great speed and torque, and many large companies have purchased these for automating various motions. Click on Testimonials button above.
The power supply shipped may be different than pictured. Contact us for custom rotary tables.
Ships in 10-20 days after you order and pay. Free shipping within USA. We ship to 220 countries. If shipped out of USA, then we will add $240-1600 (estimate), depending on your country.