MRT Motorized Rotary Table
Precision motorized rotary chuck for precision rotating, laser marking, laboratory, production part rotation, inspection, indexing to precise angles, angular testing and measurements, and robotic positioning. Great for speed up to 200 rpm, medium torque, up to 12 pound load, and fine angular positioning of 0.045 degrees per half-step, exceptional low backlash.
Motorized 3 inch 3 jaw self-centering steel chuck includes a 800 half-step per revolution stepper motor with integrated controller/driver for easy operation. Controller can automatically index to multiple angles, repeat, change direction, time-delay, wait for input signal, and other motion control features. This new MRC3-57 series replaces our previous MRC3-42 rotary chucks. Same 3" chuck and bearings, but the new MRC3-57 is stronger and faster.
Optional additional spur gear head of 4.5:1 increases torque and resolution by 4.5 times. Total gear ratio becomes 45:1. Resolution is 0.010 degrees per half-step and top speed is 45 rpm. Robust as a stand-alone unit with several modes to automate your rotation and indexing, and controlled by other CNC controllers for additional mult-axis sequences.
New dual gear ratio option of 10:1 and 45:1! Now you can have 2 speed ranges, 0-200 rpm and 0-45 rpm, if you order the 10:1 option. Change between ratios in 5 minutes--only offered by Excitron.
10:1 45:1 (actual images of our MRT series, ignore these)
All MRC rotary chucks are CNC ready-to-go systems, and include:
- Heavy-duty steel rotary chuck with 3 internal and 3 external dependent jaws.
- Motor and drive use precision spur gears and are fully enclosed.
- Handy built-in 5 switch Joystick for jogging the motor CW or CCW two different distances, or center push for running forever til pushed again. You can change these 3 Motion Profiles per switch. Once running, you can change speed-on-the-fly with up/down Joystick pushes. Then you can permanently save the current speed by pushing the Joystick top-left.
- 20 or 24 volt encapsulated AC/DC 110-240vac 50/60 hz power supply with AC power cord and 4 pin power connector.
- TTL 3.3v serial port built-in, and 39" (1m) USB-TTL adapter serial cable.
- One 4 inch cable with 3 pin housing and crimps for general DIY inputs, unwired at open end.
- Key ring with 10 metric hex key wrenches, 1.5 to 10mm.
- Pre-packed for life with top quality high pressure black Moly-Lithium grease/lubricant.
Nothing else is necessary, although our JOY-X 5 switch Joystick in Accessories category is a handy external controller. Browse Documentation link on home page for 3D solid models and other files.
Gold plated connectors and printed circuit boards for ultimate reliability, heat flow, and performance. Each Controller is fully integrated with the stepper motor, producing the most compact and powerful intelligient motor drive available. Complete X family can drive stepper motors from 15mm diameter to NEMA 42, perfectly matches drive amperage with the motor size, and all X Controllercoders use exactly the same command set, to give you the utmost simplicity. These units offer the first total 100% motor drive solution, allowing easy plug-n-play for machines, CNC, robots, actuators, vehicles, and all equipment.
You easily control how your stepper motor operates in these modes:
- Serial Commands: send and receive via USB, or use our optional RS232-TTL adapter. Connection with PCs, PLCs or Labview work well.
- Joystick: 5 different motions built-in, and are changeable.
- Home: Home command H runs Motion Profiles 02-05, exactly as you need. You can also set the Repeat Home feature, whereby Home repeatedly runs 4 Profiles at power-up over and over. In this case, your computer is not needed. You can use also inputs to control how and when these profiles run.
- Input Profile Mode IPM: each of up to 2 input pins, In2 is analog/digital and In3 is digital, trigger 3 motion profiles each, giving you random selection of motion by simply pushing buttons.
- Driver (CNC step/dir): motor steps each time when an external STEP occurs, in the direction set by DIRECTION. CNC programs usually output these signals on a PC parallel port.
- CNC/Gcode: run 1-8 Excitron motors using popular Gcode. One Excitron motor is the master sending TTL serial commands to other Excitron motors. Master motor can read, view, save, and run Gcode files.
You can combine many of these modes, with few restrictions. All modes allow changing motor speed on-the-fly using a potentiometer on In3. Hundreds of successful customers have created very ingenious motion using these simple "building blocks", as short as 10 minutes. You can add intelligent repetitive motion to almost any machine.
Our stepper motors and controllers give you great speed and torque, and many large companies have purchased these for automating various motions. Click on Testimonials button above.
The power supply shipped may be different than pictured. Contact us for custom rotary chucks.
Ships in 6-10 days after you order and pay. Free 1-day shipping if shipped on Friday, else free 2-day shipping. We ship to 220 countries. If shipped out of USA, then we will add $80-180, depending on your country.