NEW Excellent fully integrated solution for high torque mechanisms. Fully assembled and aligned X57-76M motor/controller with 5:1 precision spur gear head. Extremely compact and powerful motion control system. Smallest most integrated available, less than .22" thick, saves you space and money. Loaded with all the features you need for robust robotic motion. Excitron is the market leader for high tech innovative motion control products. Video demonstrates the intelligence for your application.
Output torque is 1,200 oz-in maximum, and resolution is .09 degree per half step. Backlash is zero if running in one direction, and approximately 0.4 degree when reversing direction. This gear head adds .5" to the 57-76M stepper motor/controller, to fit small spaces. The output shaft is selectable, ask us what you need.
Easily change direction, number of steps, speed, acceleration, torque, and other important controls by using the dual on-board serial communication port. Connect to a PC using the included USB-TTL adapter or a smart phone with included USB-micro OTG cable. Use 2 input pins (2 analog) for external motion control, we include the 3-pin Input Cable for easy connections to your switches or PLC. Intelligent microcomputer embedded with enough memory and speed for full automatic and robotic motion control. Multi-axis and CNC/Gcode capability eliminates PLCs and PCs.
Our controllers run "right out of the box" by typing a "G". Each Excitron controller includes all the electronics and drivers for running the stepper motor, and there are no separate electronic boxes and no messy cables. Complete ready-to-run motor kit includes:
- precision 0.45 degree per half-step stepper motor with integrated controller/driver and filter capacitor
- Handy built-in 5 switch Joystick for jogging the motor CW or CCW two different distances, or center push for running forever til pushed again. You can change these 3 Motion Profiles per switch. Once running, you can change speed-on-the-fly with up/down Joystick pushes. Then you can permanently save the current speed by pushing the Joystick top-left.
- encapsulated AC/DC 110-240vac 50/60 hz power supply with AC power cord and 4 pin power connector
- Key ring with 10 metric hex key wrenches, 1.5 to 10mm.
- USB-TTL cable with 3 pin connector
- 3 pin Input control cable.
- 2 cable management clamps
Nothing else is necessary, although our XJOY 5 switch Joystick in Accessories category is a handy external controler. Browse Documentation link on home page for 3D solid models and other files.
Gold plated connectors and printed circuit boards for ultimate reliability, heat flow, and performance. Each Controller is fully integrated with the stepper motor, producing the most compact and powerful intelligient motor drive available. Complete X family can drive stepper motors from 15mm diameter to NEMA 42, perfectly matches drive amperage with the motor size, and all X Controllercoders use exactly the same command set, to give you the utmost simplicity. These units offer the first total 100% motor drive solution, allowing easy plug-n-play for machines, CNC, robots, actuators, 3D printers, vehicles, and all equipment.
You easily control how your stepper motor operates in these modes:
- Serial Commands: send and receive via USB, or use our optional RS232-TTL adapter. Connection with PCs, PLCs or Labview work well.
- Joystick: 5 different motions built-in, and are changeable.
- Home: Home command H runs Motion Profiles 02-05, exactly as you need. You can also set the Repeat Home feature, whereby Home repeatedly runs 4 Profiles at power-up over and over. In this case, your computer is not needed. You can use also inputs to control how and when these profiles run.
- Input Profile Mode IPM: each of up to 2 input pins, In2 is analog/digital and In3 is digital, trigger 3 motion profiles each, giving you random selection of motion by simply pushing buttons.
- Driver (CNC step/dir): motor steps each time when an external STEP occurs, in the direction set by DIRECTION. CNC programs usually output these signals on a PC parallel port.
- CNC/Gcode: run 1-8 Excitron motors using popular Gcode. One Excitron motor is the master sending TTL serial commands to other Excitron motors. Master motor can read, view, save, and run Gcode files.
You can combine many of these modes, with few restrictions. All modes allow changing motor speed on-the-fly using a potentiometer on In3. Hundreds of successful customers have created very ingenious motion using these simple "building blocks", as short as 10 minutes.
You can add intelligent repetitive motion to almost any device. Package price above is hundreds of dollars less than top selling competitor's motors. Comparable price from Oriental is more than $950.
Our stepper motors and controllers give you great speed and torque, and many large companies have purchased these for automating various motions. Click on Testimonials button above.
See some interesting details on Wikipedia
The power supply shipped may be different than pictured.
Ships in 3-5 days after you order and pay. Free 1-day shipping if shipped on Friday, else free 2-day shipping. We ship to 220 countries. If shipped out of USA, then we will add $30-80, depending on your country.